POLLS     NHL     BLACKHAWKS

TRENDING NOW


HAWKSINSIDER  |  NHL  |  NEWS

38 people rushed to the hospital at local hockey game following near death experience


PUBLICATION
Sky
February 13, 2024  (12:00)
SHARE THIS STORY
FOLLOW US




An ice rink in Melbourne, Australia, had a dangerous carbon monoxide leak, sending 38 people to the hospital over poisoning fears.

Thankfully, no deaths have been reported yet, but all 38 individuals are receiving medical care.
During a women's ice hockey game at the Barton Ice Arena, 16 team members from Melbourne were rushed to the hospital after suffering severe poisoning from the gas. Two other women showed symptoms and were also admitted to the hospital, prompting fire crews to be urgently called to the rink.
Tests revealed high levels of carbon monoxide and lower levels of hydrogen cyanide. Despite the usual seriousness of carbon monoxide, it was fortunate that the levels were relatively low this time.
Chief Health Officer Nicola Spurrier explained the symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure, emphasizing its impact on oxygen transport in the body.
The Metropolitan Fire Service suspects that the leak may have come from the Zamboni with an internal combustion engine. Following the incident, Arena Manager Richard Laidlaw confirmed that the machine has been taken out of operation.
POLL
13 FEVRIER   |   106 ANSWERS
38 people rushed to the hospital at local hockey game following near death experience

Have you ever had a carbon monoxide scare?

Yes2220.8 %
No8479.2 %
LIST OF POLLS
Latest 10 stories

HAWKSINSIDER.COM
COPYRIGHT @2024 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
TERMS  -  POLICIES  -  CONSENT